The strength of the membership, the makeup of the Board, the resources available to us and the management team also helped me decide to return. Our future is bright and I am happy to be part of the team again. We will continue to bring you quality products and services, including our excellent educational opportunities for you and your employees, and of course, government relations remains one of our most important focal points.
One of the programs we are going to reinstate is the “TRUE Community Bank” program. There is no cost to you since we provide all of the marketing literature, as well as, window and counter signs. The program is designed to differentiate your bank from those institutions who claim to be a community bank.
Here is what it looks like:
- TRUE Community banks focus attention on the needs of local families and local businesses
- TRUE Community banks balance the needs of customers, employees and shareholders
- TRUE Community banks use local deposits to make loans to the neighborhoods where their depositors live and work
- TRUE Community bank officers are accessible to their customers on site and loan decisions are made locally
- TRUE Community Bank employees are deeply involved in local community affairs
- TRUE Community Banks are willing to consider important attributes such as a person’s character when making loan decisions
- TRUE Community Banks are themselves small businesses, so they understand the needs of small businesses
- TRUE Community Banks’ boards of directors are made up of local citizens who want to advance the interest of the towns and cities where they live and where the bank does business